Dear Patient: Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you [and your family]. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March.
While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
• We will ask screening questions when scheduling your appointment over the phone. You will be asked those same questions again when you have arrived at the office.
• You will be asked to call/text us when you arrive at the office. Please wait outside or in your car until you receive a call back to let you know that you may enter the office.
• Please wear a mask upon entering and for the duration of your time in the office, removing it only for patient care.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
• Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
• We request that you arrive unaccompanied to your appointment, with the exception of a guardian for young children or individuals requiring accommodation
• Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients and to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• All dental staff will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), based on your particular appointment. In addition to PPE that you are used to seeing, this may include a gown, face shield &/or respirator mask. Further, we have introduced a number of modifications to our office and office procedures.
• We have installed Plexiglas barriers in the reception area and between dental operatories
• We have placed an air purifier in each restorative dental operatory
• Increased cleaning of frequently touched surfaces throughout the day
• Daily staff COVID symptom screening to ensure safety of treatment Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team. We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, call our office or email us. Thank you for patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back! Sincerely, The Team at Meadowcrest Dental